Saturday, March 27, 2010

FAT CAT, SMOKING LOON, RED BICYCLETTE, PAZZO

I promise to create a better format for this--just have to figure it out first.
I want to add a "Glenn decimal" rating for alcohol content. My husband's voice gets louder the more alcohol. If he is talking loudly after one glass --look out! .And pics--one step at a t
ime however

Favorites so far:

All under 15.00 ( I will keep track of the price the next time around)

FAT CAT---Pinot Noir 2008--California

SMOKNING LOON--Pinot Noir 2007--California

RED BICYCLETTE--Pinot Noir 2008--France ***so good we bought a few more bottles***

$17.00 and was a Director's choice, but is was the sign promising it to be 'peppery' that made me buy it. Well, there was no pepper taste, but I loved it anyway.

PAZZO--prorietary red wine 'Call Me Crazy' 2006--California **smooth as silk, Glenn was sleepy after 2 glasses**

Not-so-Favorites:

To be fair, I have been in a Pinot Noir mood. Usually I like really stong, grows hair on your chest wines, but these left a really strong after taste that was not appealing. I might give another grape a chance from the same winery.

Plunger Head--Zinfanel 2008
3 Blind Moose--Cabernet Sauvignon 2007


Surprise of the week:

Pitcher of red Sangria from Houlihan's--$12.00 and quite delicious if you like something that is refreshing and completely missing any alcohol taste. Great sipping it outside at the Robinson Mall while people watching.



2 comments:

  1. Tried the Smoking Loon Merlot - 2007 - California. I am not usually a fan of Merlots, so I didn't particularly enjoy this one, but I definitely think it's a goog wine and that if you normally do like Merlots, this would be good to try.

    ReplyDelete