Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"FAT bastard" Chardonnay (2008)

I'd had a variety of Fat Bastard a long time ago and seemed to remember liking it. So last weekend I picked up a bottle of the Chardonnay.

I can't describe it except full bodied - just as the label describes - I liked it. Definitely would drink again and try another variety.

Thierry & Guy Fat Bastard Wine Company, France
www.fatbastard.com
Label is very traditional, but then there's the fun gold hippo.
Purchased at Wine & Spirits, Center Twp. - $11.99

Back label says:
"The Origin of the FAT bastard
Good friends Thierry (renowned French winemaker) & Guy (British wine industry rebel [read the website - I like this guy]) created FAT bastard almost by accident. It started out as an experiment Thierry had been doing in the back of his cellar, leaving a barrel "on the lees" (yeast cells). He didn't know what to expect, but when the friends tried the wine, Thierry exclaimed.. "Now zat iz what you call eh Phet bast-ard!" (read with a strong French accent). This very British expression perfectly described the wine's wonderful color and round, rich palate so that's what they called it."

"No-one remembers exactly where the hippo came from."

No comments:

Post a Comment