Zweigelt 2008- Austrian CherrySince I like the German wine so much I asked for assistance on something comparable since they are out of Dornfelder and will not get any in before summer. They rotate regions where they buy the wine. The woman at the store recommended Zweigelt 2008- Austrian Cherry 12.99/bottle
Label-TASTE Deep ruby red, dark cherry already on the nose, full
and juicy on the palate; round, dark cherry fruit, some spice
tones and smooth tannins, compact, round body.
FOOD Fascinating to steak, but also perfect to good pasta
and pizza!
GRAPE Zweigelt has pronounced fruit aromas: cherry and
sour cherry, a variety of berries plus a discreet spiciness.
This grape variety was raised in 1922 in Austria and remains
the most important grape for Austrian red wine.
My opinion- I did not like this at all. Not sweet enough for me. I really expected this to taste like Dornfelder and was disappointed.
It was reminiscent of my youth--Vick Formula 44 Cherry!
ReplyDelete